Tuesday 14 February 2012

Clouds and silver linings...

Last week, I found a lump on the inside of my right elbow, then my upper arm started hurting, so a couple of days later, I made an appointment to see my doctor. He diagnosed inflammation of the ligament and told me to rest my arm. Since then I've had to take it easy and try not to use my right arm - a really difficult thing to remember since I'm right handed!
Anyway, I've had to ban myself from any sort of crafting, which means I'm feeling like I'm at a loose end at the moment. Today, I decided I couldn't just sit and watch TV all day,  so I fired up my Mac and 'tweaked' my Etsy shop banner, my blog and Soopsee.

I'm a lot happier now that's been done, it's been nagging at me to re design my shop banner and sort out Soopsee and my blog for ages. I was happy with my original banner design, but it looked too dark and didn't really reflect what I make. My blog really needed some attention and it's surprising what can be achieved in half an hour or so.

Anyway, my arm seems to be slowly getting better. I still have to rest it and still can't do a lot of things (like knitting / sewing) but a bit of computer crafting seems to be OK if I'm really careful and at least it's given me the excuse to re design my banner and blog, so some clouds do have a silver lining!

No comments:

Post a Comment