Monday 16 April 2012

Hello again!

Well it's only a short time since I posted something on here, I must be getting used to more regular postings. The past few days, I've been thinking up some new ideas for my freehand machine embroidery and yes I know I still haven't done the review for my Silver 1040 machine yet (oops!).

Well, my main reason for todays ramble is, It's time for Craft Britannia's 'shop of the week' promotion.

This week it's the turn of katiedidonline. 
Katie wrote an online interview for the Craft Britannia blog, it's well worth a read as you can always learn something new about the lives of crafters and Etsy sellers. http://craftbritannia.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/craft-britannia-shop-of-the-week-8-katiedidonline/

In the Craft Britannia interview, Katie says the following about her choice of materials:
"I love the whole upcycling idea. It’s the make-do-and mend sort of attitude. Not only is it eco-friendly – I love how creative it can be, to make something new and completely different out of something old. Most of our Christmas gifts last year were upcycled, which was really challenging but also very rewarding. I really liked the plant markers I made from old shampoo bottles, and I’m thinking of starting a gardening section in my shop and seeing how they do".

 Anyway, I checked out Katie's Etsy shop and liked what I saw, she's a lady after my own heart as she upcycles fabric to make some of her items, like her gorgeous aprons shown below.






 Yes all of the above are aprons, I love how Katie makes some of hers look like skirts, it's a nice touch for anyone not wanting to look too traditional. From her photographs, her items look beautifully made.


This is something else I really love from her shop, it's a set of bunting, favor (party) bags and mini cake flags, just think how lovely it would be to celebrate the Queen's jubilee by having a party in your garden using this set! 








Her party set can be found here:

 
Here's a link to Katie's Etsy shop  etsy.com/shop/KatieDidOnline


Well time for me to go and put on the kettle for another cuppa, I have to admit to becoming a real tea addict since trying Morrison's own brand 27p tea bags - even my DH prefers them to the regular brands! 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely post. The aprons are great aren`t they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super post. Katie's aprons are gorgeous, aren't they ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this lovely post, Katie (what a great name ;P )! I feel so honored :)
    x katie of katiedid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're very welcome Katie (yes it is a great name lol!), it was a pleasure to feature your lovely shop!

      Delete
  4. Great post - I love Katie's aprons - especially that purple one (must admit I thought it was a skirt at first!) and I love the bunting too :)

    ReplyDelete