Monday 23 July 2012

Appreciate all the handmade love you're given.

This weeks Craft Britannia shop of the week has got me reminiscing, about how we don't always appreciate how much hard work and love goes into the handmade gifts and things we had made for us when we were younger (and when we're older too!)


My mom was an avid knitter, where she got the time to knit I have no idea, she always seemed to be 'on the go', working part time when I started school, keeping house, looking after me, my dad and brother. She must have squeezed in an hour or so each evening after we were in bed.
I still remember all the knitted jumpers, cardigans and toys she made me but it's only after I took up knitting myself that I realized how much hard work and love went into each stitch.

Which brings me onto this week's SOTW, which is Bebby Jumpers. 
I'm not usually one for oooh-iing and aaahhh-ing at babies or children, (well, OK I'm willing to admit I do coo over the occasional baby or child). So when I learned that this week I would be featuring a children's clothes shop, I thought, "well I'm not too sure where this post will end up". But on taking a closer look at Bebby's shop it made me think of my mom and all the lovely things she made me over the years. 
 
Bebby's babies and children's clothes look so beautifully made and her designs look like traditional vintage patterns that I remember from my childhood but they are still very much in fashion today, I think this is mainly because of her use of texture and colour. 

I especially like the designs I've featured here and wish I had nieces and nephews young enough to wear her beautiful handknits.


Beautiful yellow bunny cardigan.
 


Child's handknit aran sweater


 
Girl's handknit jacket with pixie hood.



A beautiful gift for a winter birthday or for Christmas.



Bebby Jumper's lovely shop can be found here on Etsy.

And to read more about Bebby and her beautiful handknit children's clothes and accessories, please visit the Craft Britannia blog  http://craftbritannia.com/2012/07/22/bebbyjumpers/

I hope you'll take the time to pay her a visit, especially if you have any little ones in the family and are looking for beautifully handknits for them.



5 comments:

  1. lovely blog and lovely selection of items

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katie for your lovely comments in your blog! I am glad I have given you happy memories of your childhood and your mum's handknits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! It brings back memories for me too since my nan taught me how to knit. Some lovely picks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super blog post and gorgeous picks !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous knits from Bebby - almost wish I had a baby again so I could buy her creations!

    ReplyDelete