Thursday 17 May 2012

Oooh it's time for Man of the week!


OK that should really be Craft Britannia shop of the week, but since we're featuring one of the few men in our team I couldn't resist saying it!

This week we're featuring Tony of Axevictimus. He's a wood and metal jewellery crafter, who makes his contemporary pieces from exotic hardwoods, metals and cubic zirconia.


                            When choosing my favorites, this piece immediately jumped                                             out at me. I love the contrast of the metal against the ebony.



                              Limited edition Ebony and sterling silver with a yellow gold rivet, 
                              which can be purchased here

                        Or how about this colourful piece, made from paduak wood, set with a
                        garnet cubic zirconia.






                           A lovely wild olive wood pendant, inset with a sapphire cubic zirconia.



I love the simplicity of Tony's pieces, they're decorative without being 'fussy', and are something both men and women could wear. 



                 And if jewellery isn't your 'thing', why not go for a keyring like this one, which
                 can be personalized.




       
For further info about Tony and his work, please visit Craft Britannia's blog and you can see more of Tony's work here in his Etsy shop.


Just time to mention, that it's yours truly featuring in next week's shop of the week, so I won't do a review of myself (although it's very tempting to see what fun I can have with it!)













6 comments:

  1. Great post my boyfriend loves the keyring I bought from Axe's shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely feature on Axe and a good selection of his work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice of items Katie, I've bought a couple of axe's pieces and they are lovely to wear.

    I'd like to see a feature about you next week on here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super post. Love the title and your selection of Axe's items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, love the idea of "Man of the Week"!!!!! Also love Tony's jewellery :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! It's nice to feature so many different styles of crafting :)

    ReplyDelete