Thursday 10 May 2012

Yummy Flying Cheese Toastie!



No it's not a food fight, it's Etsy's Craft Britannia team's shop of the week spot!

This week is the turn of FlyingCheeseToastie (don't you just love that name!)
and Rachel Elliott, who is the face and talent behind the name.

Rachel's shop is full of her beautiful handmade jewellery, glass ware and amazing glass sculptures. My favorites have to be her glass hare sculptures, like the ones shown below.

Kissing hares - a pair of glass sculptures




Rachel also makes glass fox sculptures and jewellery, which are stunning.

 









I was never a fan of paisley designs until I saw Rachel's sculptures, now I love it!













A selection of some of the glass trinket dishes that Rachel makes






Rachel is a full time self employed glass artist, with her own studio. She mostly works with glass using kiln-forming techniques, but also incorporate other materials with it, ranging from metals and woods to textiles and paper. She has her own website and she can be contacted via her website or her Etsy shop. Her interview on the Craft Britannia's team website can be found here

I hope you can take the time to visit Rachel's shop, she has some beautiful and unique glass pieces that would be perfect in any setting.
 



5 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for the lovely article on my work and etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super blog post and lovely picks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous feature! I love the paisley too :)
    x katie of katiedid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog post, Rachel makes beautiful pieces, I hope you enjoy being SoTW flying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments & I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete